Friday, July 31, 2015

Essential Oils storage

Something I always wonder about is how people store their essential oils?  


I love that they are so compact, but as such they can get misplaced and lost in the fray pretty easily if you don't have a system for them. 

It's important to note that these oils come in a dark bottle for a reason.  Light will start to break them down.  For this reason, it's not ideal to store them in direct sunlight.  

I usually keep a few bottles in my purse, and I'll share my pics for that in another post, but for now I want to share with you how I keep them in my home.  

My family uses the oils on a daily basis.  I like to have them visible and accessible.  I'm also very fond of country and "farmey" decor, and had a few of these old barn board ladders that I have picked up at craft shows over the years.  As soon as I had my oils in hand, they moved right onto the ladders!  
I'm a big fan of practicality and I think the oil bottles are lovely looking on their own.  They're not right in the middle of the livingroom, but they're easily accessible, not in direct sunlight, and they take up no room at all this way!

This ladder hangs right at the top of the stairs in the hall outside the bedrooms where anyone can get to it anytime.  I started out with a wee ladder in the bathroom, but soon outgrew that, and as Murphy would have it, someone was in the bathroom whenever I absolutely NEEDED a bottle of oil. 


The bottle with the black dropper on top is my FCO (fractionated coconut oil), which I most often use as a carrier oil, or for making dilute blends of my own.




Same ladder different rungs. :)




The original tiny ladder in the bathroom.  I keep a few duplicates here that I tend to use in the morning while I'm in the bathroom anyway.



And my newest place for some of my most active oils is in the bedroom on this lovely crystal Selenite stick shelf I made this week! 

(I can really hardly say that with a straight face.  I can't really claim to have 'made' the shelf.)  All it took was a few 1.5" L brackets screwed into the wall and the selenite sits atop them. You can't screw into the selenite of course, as it would absolutely crumble, but I like that I can lift it off for cleansing.  It does stay put on top of the brackets without any difficulty.  I had planned to use just a bit of sticky tack to hold it firm, (placing it between the selenite and the bracket) but it really isn't required. 
































I'm learning more and more about crystals, and when I found this beautiful selenite stick HERE I saw how flat it was, and it's just the PERFECT width to hold both the 5 mL and 15 mL bottles.

Whether or not you believe in the power of crystals, the selenite is a beautiful way to display the oils!


So, besides a pencil case when I'm heading out of town to see family and they want to check out some new oils, and a few wee bottles tucked into my purse, this is how most of my oils are stored.  The active ones are always on either a barn wood ladder or a selenite stick shelf, and any backups I have are in a box, safely in a closet, waiting to come out and jump on the ladder. :)


I would love to see your oils storage!  Upload a photo to Pinterest, and link it here in the comments!


Stay tuned tomorrow for the August Promotions!



I am a Young Living Independent Distributor, which means I buy my essential oils at the wholesale price rather than the retail price. I save 24% off retail, receive discounted shipping, and can earn free products through the Essential Rewards program as well as the ability to earn commissions. 

If you would like to become an Independent Distributor, I would love to sponsor you!  You can click HERE and enter 2066298 in the “Sponsor  and Enroller ID” boxes. 
I am always happy to answer any questions!  Email me at thepureoil@gmail.com

No comments:

Post a Comment