Monday, August 17, 2015

Sarah's Massage Oil

I have recently discovered that my eight year old daughter is a massage prodigy
...if you provide her with ample oil to drip and slather all over your back.
;0)

We decided to work together to make a mild massage oil that would help ease tension
and smell nice too.

This is what we finally settled on.  You can absolutely play with quantity, 
or swap the whole mess of essential oils out and start anew, but for now we like this one.  

It's not overpowering, because it's very dilute, and the Ylang Ylang sweetens it a bit and the Peppermint is always a fantastic smell.  I wanted the Cedarwood for something a bit woodsy, and Copaiba is there for the relief I feel from it.  Frank made it to the party "because the wise men brought it to baby Jesus, so we should put that in too".


I am planning to do a massage oil blend monthly and post them in the first week of each month, so make sure you're checking back if you're interested in formulating your own massage oil blends. 


For August, we'll start out with Sarah's Massage Oil Blend.






In a 1 ounce bottle, filled nearly to the top with a carrier oil
such as FCO (fractionated coconut oil)
add the following:

5 drops Cedarwood
5 drops Ylang Ylang
5 drops Frankincense
10 drops Peppermint
15 drops Copaiba

Replace the drop reducer, add the cap and invert repeatedly to blend.  

As with most blends I make I find they do improve over time,....or maybe they just grow on me. ;)


Find the nearest 8 year old girl willing to drip this all over your back and rub it in good.

Enjoy!


I am a Young Living Independent Distributor, which means I buy my essential oils at the wholesale price rather than the retail price. I save 24% off retail, receive discounted shipping, and can earn free products through the Essential Rewards program as well as the ability to earn commissions. 

If you would like to become an Independent Distributor, I would love to sponsor you!  You can click HERE and enter 2066298 in the “Sponsor  and Enroller ID” boxes. 
I am always happy to answer any questions!  
Email me at thepureoil@gmail.com

1 comment:

  1. Will need to try "Sarah's Massage Oil" on hubby next week, while we are on vacation at camp. My oils come with me wherever I go

    ReplyDelete