Sunday, September 25, 2016

Throat Drops DIY

Happy Sunday all!  It's been a busy time around our house and very recently I've put much of my energy into something unplanned. As a result, I'm left today with a scratchy throat and a bit of a cough.

So, that made it a good day to whip up some Pure Oil throat drops!





This is how it all looks when you start cooking it up


This mess gets boiled to 300 degrees Fahrenheit and then poured into tiny molds.

To purchase a tiny heart mold, click HERE
It's not the exact one I am using in this recipe, but it's one that I have and it works exactly the same way. :)  Very easy release of the candies, just soap and water clean up!




Once they are totally cooled and fully set. Pop em out and toss them in some icing sugar to keep them from sticking together. You could (and probably should) mix that powdered sugar about 50/50 with a starch such as arrowroot to reduce the sugar a wee bit. 



They're really soothing and very yummy!  












Ready for the recipe?


That's about it!  It might seem a little too "Martha Stewart" to make your own throat drops, but they're sooo good, and there aren't any scary ingredients you can't pronounce. That makes me a happy momma. 

Another day I'll share my vile vodka concoction I've had tincturing for for a while. Today was the first time I tried it, and WOW.  It's potent stuff!!!

Thanks for stopping by, and if you try this recipe, please share your thoughts!!


 I am a Young Living Independent Distributor, which means I buy my essential oils at the wholesale price rather than the retail price. I save 24% off retail, receive discounted shipping, and can earn free products through the Essential Rewards program as well as the ability to earn commissions. 

If you would like to become an Independent Distributor, I would love to sponsor you!  You can click HERE and enter 2066298 in the “Sponsor  and Enroller ID” boxes. 
I am always happy to answer any questions!  
Email me at thepureoil@gmail.com








No comments:

Post a Comment