Saturday, May 30, 2015

Waking up with Ningxia NITRO to combat seasonal allergies

Yesterday I shared a chia 'bubble tea' recipe with you, and today I'm going to share my Ningxia NITRO drink that I made.  It was really, very refreshing and yummy, and it helps combat 
seasonal allergies!

Here's a shot of the ingredients...



I used about a teaspoon of raw local honey to sweeten it up a bit.  I just love seeing Mr. Kemper at the St. Jacob's Farmer's Market, and I always make sure to pick up a jar of his delicious wild flower honey.  I have heard customers ask him if he has clover honey, or buckwheat, or what ever kind of honey they're looking for many, many times.  It always makes me smile to hear his response.   He invariably answers that he only sells this wild flower honey, because the bees don't ever tell him where they've been and he never tells them where to go. lol

Here's Mr. Kemper selling his honey at market.  I buy my bee pollen and beeswax from him as well.  One day I'll share a recipe I make for a fantastic salve with his bee products!


In fact, there is likely a large part clover in this honey, as it really reminds me of other clover honeys I've had.  But I'm glad he doesn't boss the bees around. :)

I have had really almost no seasonal allergies this year, and I credit that in large part to Mr. Kempers' honey...and my lemon, lavender and peppermint oils.  And perhaps a bit to that pretty bottle of lavender hand and body lotion you see in the top photo as well.  (Don't worry, that's NOT an ingredient in the drink!)

The recipe:
1 teaspoon (or to taste) local to you honey (If you're in my area, I highly recommend a trip to the St. Jacob's farmer's market for some local raw honey.  There are several producers that sell there, but I have a special place in my heart for Mr. Kemper, so I almost always buy from him.)
3 drops Lemon YLEO *(Young Living Essential Oil)
2 drops Lavender YLEO
1 drop Peppermint YLEO
1 tube of Ningxia NITRO

I add the honey to the glass first, and then with a spoon stir in the essential oils before adding the Ningxia NITRO and topping it off with water.

It's cooling and refreshing and delicious!




If I don't have the Ningxia NITRO on hand, or if I need a super quick boost, I'll put a drop or two of each of those oils in a BIG spoonful of Mr. Kemper's honey, and take it straight.

It's yummy, and really helps with the allergies.  If an itchy throat is a part of your allergy picture it's really soothing to take the honey straight with the oils mixed in with a toothpick.


I am a Young Living Independent Distributor, which means I buy my essential oils at the wholesale price rather than the retail price. I save 24% off retail, receive discounted shipping, and can earn free products through the Essential Rewards program as well as the ability to earn commissions. 

If you would like to become an Independent Distributor, I would love to sponsor you!  You can click HERE and enter 2066298 in the “Sponsor  and Enroller ID” boxes. 
I am always happy to answer any questions!  
Email me at thepureoil@gmail.com


1 comment: