Monday, January 11, 2016

January 2016 Diffuser Blend

I've got a case of the January Blahs.
Seriously.
I'm in a major funk.  Do you ever get like this?
Christmas here this year in Southern Ontario was without snow, and it was way too warm to feel like Christmas.  I guess I'm a fickle Canadian, requiring sub zero temps and snow to get into the Christmas spirit, but at least I'm not alone. 

The kids also assured me that in some ways it felt like the Christmas that never was. 

Thankfully snow did come in time for my beautiful nieces wedding on New Years Eve, making for some amazing wedding pictures, and I can't wait to see them all!
...but it felt like a little too little, a little too late for Christmas. 

Don't get me wrong, Christmas was a beautiful day here, and we added two new furry friends to our family.  Welcome Ginger and Sharlet!

[still working on getting a picutre]


It was a fantastic dinner at my sisters house, and everyone was happy.  But in hindsight, somehow the missing snow and cold temps leaves a gap.  If I was ever going to head south for Christmas, this would have been the year to do it. 

Really, what probably is my bigger problem is that I didn't even get Christmas cards out this year.  
I blame this solidly on tropical temperatures, and lack of snow. lol  
I'm still working my way through New Years cards, because I can't forgo them altogether.


Okay, that's kind of how my January blahs are...still trying to get out re-named Christmas cards, and save a holiday (in my head) that was LAST YEAR already! lol 


So, I decided this calls for some uplifting oils while I work away at the task I've given myself.
And I decided on this blend, because it still has a hint of the holidays with a whole lot of 'get up and go' like my dad says. 








The Recipe

Fill the diffuser to the fill line with fresh water and add:
2-3 drops of Clove
2-3 drops of Lime
2-3 drops of Tangerine or Orange

Press the button and find your get up and go that previously got up and went! 

I like this one enough that I might just make a room spray with it as well!  

For that, use a glass bottle.  Citrus oils are not friendly with plastic, and they will disintegrate a plastic bottle.  To a 2 ounce dark glass bottle add 3-5 drops of each of the oils, 
and top with distilled water.  Mist liberally in your surroundings.
(Great for in the car to freshen it up and keep the driver alert!)


That's all!  I do find it lifts my spirits, and I was able to focus on getting the cards made.  I got interrupted when hungry kids came home though, so now I get to do a round two this weekend to get them addressed and sent out!   


I am a Young Living Independent Distributor, which means I buy my essential oils at the wholesale price rather than the retail price. I save 24% off retail, receive discounted shipping, and can earn free products through the Essential Rewards program as well as the ability to earn commissions. 

If you would like to become an Independent Distributor, I would love to sponsor you!  You can click HERE and enter 2066298 in the “Sponsor  and Enroller ID” boxes. 
I am always happy to answer any questions!  
Email me at thepureoil@gmail.com

No comments:

Post a Comment